Friday, April 1, 2011
American Idol conference Call with Thia Megia
Thia Megia completed her first Conference call after leaving the Idol stage and shared a lot of her experiences with the reporters who were calling in at 12:30 ET. Here is the excerpts through @AINow :
* Thia recalls getting up on a coffee table at 5 to sing for her family. She realized her passion for singing then.
* Thia did not know what to expect Thursday night. She was feeling a mixture of emotions. She prepared herself for whatever happened–there are so many talented singers. She’s so happy for Paul and everyone. She can’t wait to go on tour. “Such wicked flattery” – all the people who voted for her.
* Three – four hours of school a day–she feels she didn’t get enough rehearsal time. But at the same time, school was an escape from the stress. She loved bonding with the other minors.
* She enjoyed every bit of the competition. That’s what made it hard to say goodbye. She’s looking forward to seeing her fellow contestants in a few weeks. She’s grown a lot as an artist, singer and person throughout the competition.
* She realizes that more females watch the show, and that they probably vote for the guys. But, the guys are also incredibly talented, but the girls did worry about that a little.
* She’s done many Anthems at big supporting events. She gets nervous for every performance beforehand. But goes into “show mode” wants she starts to perform. When the music starts playing she’s no longer nervous.
* Adele and Jason Mraz are her musical inspirations–their lyrics are beautiful and complex. Billie Holiday and other old artists.
* She wishes she had performed more upbeat songs. But she does NOT regret “Daniel”, which she dedicated to her big brother. She poured all her emotion into that song. She hopes America knows she’s capable of more