Sunday, March 6, 2011

Get to Know Thia Excerpts from Entertainment Weekly Q&A with Top 13




Here is the excerpt to entertainment Weekly's Interview with the American Idol Top 13, we have selected Thia's Q&A session and is presenting it here:

What sets you apart from the other contestants?

Thia Megia: Everyone has commented about my clothes. They say I like to dress ''interestingly.'' I am just being myself. I am the youngest one left, but I am 16 now. I am the quiet one. But I love being inspirational to people. I love to write poetry, songs, and stories. I try to be as creative as I can in as many ways as I can and I think that shows in my arrangements and my song choices and how I dress.

What do you need to improve to make it all the way through the competition?

Thia Megia: I am pretty hard on myself. Before every performance, I get really nervous and I need to work on confidence. I think part of the key to staying in the competition is getting people to like you and believe in you and if you show that you don't believe in yourself 100 percent that can slip into the performance.

How did you feel about the sudden death semi-final round this year? Is it tough saying goodbye to so many people so suddenly?

Thia Megia: I had so much going on in my head up on that stage. Do people like me? Do they think I'm too young and I have way more years that I could come back? Did I choose the right song? A lot of my best friends went home tonight. That hurt. That was like a punch in the stomach.

Any theme nights you are really dreading?

Thia Megia: I try to get myself singing as many genres as I can so they don't scare me. The real challenge is making a song your own. It is a fine line, because I think people like to recognize a song too. I like to make the song my own and not even country scares me. I've sung plenty of country before.

How are you feeling about the judges — is there anyone in your corner? Do you miss Simon?

Thia Megia: Maybe Steven [is in my corner]. But they have all been really helpful and encouraging to me. They are so nice. You really want to impress them every week. It gives me a goal to reach.


SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chatroom